Tuesday 3 June 2014

Icon inferior review 1

I hope your reno went fine.

I had a horrendous experience with Icon Interior Design.

They said it will take 6-8 WEEKS to renovate my HDB flat, but instead, they took 6-8 MONTHS and the renovation is YET to be completed!!!

Have you heard of any ID FIRM (take note, not contractor some more, but ID FIRM) which takes 8 MONTHS to renovate a HDB flat??? It's a JOKE in the industry!! I have spoken to other players in the industry, and you can BUILD A NEW HOUSE in 8 MONTHS! I can renovate my flat 4 TIMES in 8 MONTHS!! Now I finally understand why the blogger Xiaxue's home (Icon was the ID) took 2 years to renovate!

Project management skills is NON-EXISTENT. I had to manage the timeline and remind them of every milestone.

And they will delay wherever they can - only when you chase, then they will come out with loads of excuses saying why it cannot be done, or that it is not agreed before!!?? Even coming up with a quotation takes chasing and chasing to happen. Everyone has been fed up with them - my bankers, their contractors. Every time you ask them for ANYTHING, it's always "later today", but the "today" may take weeks or months to happen.

I am losing rental for the 6 MONTHS delay, and I have to pay Interest to the banks on both flats, but they are refusing to compensate me even rental loss for the delay.

The original project manager was called Glenn Ng (the so-called Chief Designer). The boss Wayne Chan finally took over, but all he was concerned about is to take more money from you, claiming that this and thathas not been agreed upon; even things that he just agreedpersonally, he will go back on his word without batting an eyelid.

It's a horrendous experience having Icon Interior Design as my ID, and I would not have wished it upon any home owner out there.
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment